Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Vegans Are Sexy

Okay, I realize it might sound a bit conceited, since I myself am vegan. And I will admit there are probably quite a few exceptions. But all in all, there's just no way getting around it: Vegans are hot.
This weekend I visited a big vegan fair, which all in all had over 1500 visitors. A good portion of which were women who set off my gaydar. A small bit of it might have been wishful lesbian thinking, but most of it was definitely not. It is my experience that many queer women are vegan. Or many vegan women are queer. Not sure which is the hen and which is the egg in this case. Regardless: Vegans eat neither. And it does them good, because wow. I've rarely seen so many goodlooking women in one place.

I found myself exchaning glances with plenty of cute girls, and even engaging a few in conversation (well, it's easy when they're selling t-shirts and you're buying them...). But of course I could never conciously flirt with any of them. I only do it inadverdently and when The Ex points out that "hey, that girl was totally flirting with you" I get shy. As much as I would love to march on back to that vending table and ask the cute vegan out, I instead find myself muttering over my plate of tofu ham half an hour later "I wish I was Shane". Because let's face it: In a room full of gorgeous queer girls Shane would have definitely walked away with a pocket full of phone numbers. It think I feel a new year's resolution coming on...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh yes I agree vegans are hot!

Anonymous said...

was just reading something about most blogs not surviving a year - hope this one won't be one of those! i actually find your attitude (if real) towards sex fascinating.

Anonymous Lesbian said...

unschuldigersukkubus: Thanks for reminding me to get back to the blogging! And please elaborate on how you find my attitute towards sex fascinating. I assure you, it's 100% real. :) I am very very honest in this blog.

Anonymous said...

good to know you're keeping it real. :)
perhaps i'm being a little presumptuous, but you do seem to have a carefree attitude regarding sex... well more than most females that i know personally anyway. usually it's done to get the person. not vice versa. or am i too naive?
i like how you can be so candid about sex and your hmm, shall we say 'needs'. ;)
2 more blog entries! so if we wanted more posts all we had to do was ask.

Anonymous Lesbian said...

Haha, yeah, I definitely have lots of needs and I definitely believe that sex and love don't necessarily always go together. It's interesting though, I'll blog more on that some day...

And yup, just keep asking for blog posts, I'm easy like that. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm a vegan lesbian. I just came out in March, I was vegan before I realized I was lesbian, but it's rather interesting to me, I don't meet many vegan lesbians..but would love to..gah that was be a dream :)