Monday, March 10, 2008

Unsafe We Are

It's been a while since I last wrote. It's not that I don't have anything to blog about. There's been cute girls in the dog park, my work world and world of friends colliding, a play about Frida Kahlo, the celebration of International Women's Day... Not to mention Buffy having sex with a girl! It's just that at the moment a lot of stuff is going on in my life work wise and it's draining all the life out of me.
However, I did want to stop by and post something. It relates in a way to my celebration of March 8th (that's International Women's Day, for those who don't know) during which I participated in a Take Back the Night demo. Lots of women marching together and loudly reclaiming the night, it was a beautiful thing. Of course, Take Back the Night is about protesting violence and crime against women. This following PSA is about protesting violence and crime against LGBT-people.
All in all the same message. Don't hate. Not because of gender or gender identity/expression. Not because of sexual orientation. Just don't hate.

No comments: